THIS SONG IS MY OBSESSION. SO GOOD.
Anonymous asked: I really like that Sky song. What other bands do you like?
Too many to name, but here are some of my newer favorites (with links to songs I dig—this is basically my current playlist):
Something/Blue Jay Way (Transition) | The Beatles
One of my favorite Beatles songs, as featured in the Love show in Las Vegas.
This is one of my favorite Beatles songs, too! I actually just saw this show when I was in Vegas for the Vegas Valley Book Festival last weekend and it was amazing. Something and Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds were definitely my favorite sections—just gorgeous! (I also had the most delicious beverage ever: The British Invasion.)
in my veins: A fanmix for Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken.
- Midnight City - M83 [Waiting in a car//Waiting for a ride in the dark//The night city grows//Look and see her eyes, they glow]
- Pa Pa Power - Dead Man’s Bones [Broken glass//Broken hearts//Pa pa power pa pa power//Please make me better//We won’t destroy you no we will not destroy you]
- Tornado - Jónsi [You grow, you grow like tornado//You grow from the inside//Destroy everything through//Destroy from the inside]
- Set Fire to the Third Bar - Snow Patrol Feat. Martha Wainwright [I’m miles from where you are//I lay down on the cold ground//I pray that something picks me up//And sets me down in your warm arms]
- Run Boy Run - Woodkid [Run boy run! This ride is a journey to//Run boy run! The secret inside of you//Run boy run! This race is a prophecy//Run boy run! And disappear in the trees]
- Flaws - Bastille [You have always worn your flaws upon your sleeve//And I have always buried them deep beneath the ground//Dig them up; let’s finish what we’ve started//Dig them up, so nothing’s left unturned]
- In My Veins - Andrew Belle [Oh, you’re in my veins//And I cannot get you out]
- Oceans - Coast [We fell in love//Right by the ocean//Made all our plans//Down on the sand]
- I Was Wrong - Sleepstar [But last night we fell apart//And broke to pieces//Our love was in the hall//All packed in boxes//And I saw what it was//That I had done to you//I was wrong]
- Heartbeat - The Fray [I know the memories are rushing into mind//I wanna kiss your scars tonight, baby//'Cause you gotta try//You gotta let me in//Let me in]
- Sundown - Charlie Simpson [Just hide your heart anywhere//Please hide your heart anywhere from me//Cause I’m just not ready for//No, I’m just not ready for all this]
- My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light Em Up) - Fall Out Boy (This song just seemed like a really good one for Clancy, so had to put it in!) [Burn everything you love, then burn the ashes//In the end everything collides//My childhood spat back out the monster that you see]
- Yellow Light - Of Monsters and Men [Somewhere deep in the dark//A howling beast hears us talk//I dare you to close your eyes//And see all the colors in disguise//Running into the night//The earth is shaking and I see a light//The light is blinding my eyes//As the soft walls eat us alive]
Such a great mix!!
hi darlin’, missed you something fierce| a darkest minds playlist (listen)
“Maybe nothing will ever change for us,” he said. “But don’t you want to be around just in case it does?”
01. twin forks: back to you/ 02. the lumineers: charlie boy/ 03. demi lovato: nightingale/ 04. city & colour: i’m ready/ 05. mgmt: the youth/ 06. fitz and the tantrums: dear mr. president/ 07. kodaline: big bad world/ 08. edward sharpe & the magnetic zeros: carries on/ 09. the black keys: never gonna give you up/ 10. augustana: alive/ 11. bastille: get home/ 12. liz lawrence: black and blue/ 13. sara bareilles & onerepublic: come home
more playlists here
This is awesome! (Kudos for the use of Charlie Boy, as that is someone’s nickname in book 3.)
SHAKE - THE HEAD AND THE HEART
Also out yesterday: the new Head and the Heart album!
angelhasarrived asked: Are you going to be putting up playlists on your website for Never Fade?
Yes, eventually. I honestly just haven’t had a second to do it. You can find the track listing here, though.
HAIM - Falling
This song—this whole album—is SO great. Each have familiar pieces to them (for instance, this reminds me of something that could have been in a late 80s/early 90s movie), but the arrangement and talent here is off the charts.
MUSIC: Album Stream / “Pure Heroine” - Lorde
New Zealand music juggernaut, Lorde, rose quickly to the top of worldwide charts with her single “Royals” and is looking to sit pretty on her throne with the expedited release of her debut
masterpiecealbum, Pure Heroine. Stream the full LP after the jump!
BLEEDING OUT - THE LONE BELLOW
But we scream back at them
From below on the street
All in unison we sing, at times, been redeemed
We are all of the beauty, that has not been seen
We are full of the color, that’s never been dreamed
Well, nothing we need ever dies, yeah
Nothing we need ever dies, yeah
Nothing we need ever dies
… AND AS THE SHIP WENT DOWN, YOU’D NEVER LOOKED FINER - WOODPIGEON
Gosh, this song is pretty.
Bastille | We Can’t Stop / Achy Breaky Heart [BBC Live Lounge]
The Bastille covers are magical. MAGICAL.
LAURA PALMER - BASTILLE
This is your heart
Can you feel it? Can you feel it?
Pumps through your veins
Can you feel it? Can you feel it?
This song is my new obsession. I’ve been listening to it non-stop while I work on book 3. (No, seriously, it’s going to be in every commercial and movie trailer over the next six months. Just wait for it.)